AVID ELIXIR 7 Hydraulic Disc Front Brake Grey Mountain Bike 750mm Hose MTB NEW
$ 57.97 $ 199.99
SRAM AVID ELIXIR 7 HYDRAULIC FRONT DISC BRAKE
NEW / MSRP $199 / SHIPS IN 24HRS
- Manufacturer: Avid (SRAM)
- Model: Elixir 7
- Brake type: Hydralic Disc
- Hydraulic line length: 750mm
- Caliper mounts:
- Front: Post mount, with P.M. adapter intended for use with 180mm rotors
- Front brake mass: 261 grams (of everything, lever, line, and caliper )
- Condition: New. We received these in bulk OEM Avid boxes of multiple front brakes. Because of that, buyer will not receive the brakes in packaging intended for individual retail sale.
- Includes: Only that which is shown in photographs - if it's not shown, it is not included.
- Does NOT include clamps to install the levers onto the bar. We'd love to include them, but we don't have them. They're available for purchase elsewhere.
Deep Stroke Modulationª
ThereÕs a fine line between braking hard and braking so hard that you lose traction. Deep Stroke Modulation allows riders to perfectly navigate that line and control even the most powerful brakes with finesse.
With TaperBore Technologyª weÕve integrated the reservoir and master cylinder on our hydraulic disc-brake levers to create a super-sleek (and even lighter) lever design.
MatchMaker and MMX Compatible
Save weight and clutter on the bar with Matchmaker. It holds Avid levers, SRAM¨ triggers, and various RockShox¨ controls, all with one tidy, light, clamp--a dream come true for handlebar component footprint conservationists the world over. Available in two versions: Matchmakerª X integrates the RockShox¨XLoc and is compatible with XX and X0 brakes. Standard Matchmakerªis also available and works with any split-clamp design and RockShox¨ PushLoc.
Power Reserve Geometry
At the end of the day, a brake lever simply multiples the force your hand generates (just like the nut cracker). AvidÕs Power Reserve Geometryªrepresents a way of thinking about the physics of leverage and your handÕs comfort. This philosophy is fundamentally different than others in the business of brakes. Due to pivot placement, physics dictates that with other brake levers your fingers tend to slip off the ends as you pull. Avid is different. We designed our levers with the pivot closer to the handlebar, in fact, closer than anyone else in the industry. The resulting lever movement has less inward travel, an arc thatÕs closer to your fingersÕ natural motion and delivers more force to the brake. The cool part is, every Avid lever has it.
The term ÒTaperBoreÓ refers to a unique patent-pending closure system in our Elixir and Code levers. It saves weight, looks super-sleek, improves lever feedback and most importantlyÐgives you more power and control.
When the only thing between you and the trail is bike maintenance, every second matters. With our top-loading pads, new disc-brake pads can be installed without taking off the wheel, working under the caliper or doing any upside-down pad juggling, so youÕll be ready to ride much quicker.